More and more, I realize I need to be intentional about what I do and don’t do in order to make room for the people and things that matter. I often, make this, always feel like I have too many things I want/need to do and never enough time to do it all.
It leaves me feeling breathless.
As I write this, I’m finishing day 3 of 3 weeks off work. I’m tired, exhausted. I feel overwhelmed.
Some things NEED to change.
This is why one of my February goals will be all about setting a morning and evening routine that will enable me to do the things I want/need to do and spend time with the people who are the most dear to my heart, my family.
Goal #1 : Setting a morning and evening routine
At first, I wanted to take an e-course about making over my mornings. After reading countless blog posts on the subject, I have decided that I do not need to spend money on this.
Below, you will find a list of things I think I need to include in my routines. As you will see, it’s quite precise and detailed.
Throughout the month, I will write updates on here about what I’m keeping, what I’m not and anything I might be adding. I’m starting tonight!
MORNING ROUTINE | Basic rule : No social media except on the days I publish blog posts
- Get up early : The time will vary depending on my work schedule and/or planned activities
- Drink a big glass of water
- Put a load of laundry in the washer
- Drink a fruit smoothie
- Stretch / Do yoga / Exercise : The activity will vary depending on my mood and/or the temperature
- Shower and get dressed for the day
- Make myself a cup of tea
- Eat breakfast
- Check the recipe for dinner : Set a time to start cooking and thaw anything needed
- Draw or paint my weekly quote (30 minutes) (February Goal#2)
- Write for my blog (15 minutes)
- Put the washed laundry in the dryer
- Leave for work and read in the subway
EVENING ROUTINE | Basic rule : No social media, unless the Peanut is taking a nap
- Play with the Peanut
- Make dinner and start prepping for tomorrow’s dinner and breakfast (if possible)
- Eat dinner
- Prepare my lunch for the next day and our breakfasts (if not already done)
- Get the Peanut ready to sleep : Read a book with the Peanut, choose her soft toy to sleep with and sing her songs before her dad rocks her to sleep
- Do the dishes and start the dishwasher
- Wipe clean the counters and sink
- Get ready for bed
- Make a herbal tea
- Look at the calendar and plan the next day
- Set out workout and work clothes
- Make sure today’s laundry is folded and put away
- Enjoy at least 10 minutes of me time : Any journal activity will do for this. I have so many I want to do
- Stick to my bedtime : Bedtime will vary depending on my work schedule. I’ll put an alarm on my phone to remind me
Goal #2 : Paint/draw my weekly quote
I will paint/draw my weekly quote for the blog, like the one I did here. I will be working on my weekly painting as part of my morning routine.
Making art is so relaxing and soothing for me. I want to include it more in my day to day life.
How about you? What kind of routines do you like? What are you planning to do this month to make your life easier and better?
p.s. Sister, can’t wait to read about your suggestions for my routines! 😛